Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Slow cooker adventure

Here is my first attempt roasting a 3lb chicken in my beloved slow cooker. I volunteered to make our girls night out meal last Saturday for my friends but of course I didn’t want to slave in the kitchen all day and my slow cooker was fast becoming a big and heavy paperweight in my kitchen counter top. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to put it into good use.

The menu I decided was simple yet elegant which I thought was the theme of the entire night.

Rosemary, Garlic and Lemon Roasted Chicken
Asparagus with Prosciutto
Mushy peas with mint

The chicken took about 8 hours including 1 hour prep time and I was able to make the other 2 dishes in 30 minutes with plenty of time to clean up before my chickas arrived. The house smelled like Swiss Chalet threw a party at my place and it was good! Haha!

Bonus was making homemade chicken stock using the slow cooker again with the carcass that was left after the chicken was picked clean by my friends (I guess it’s a good sign that they liked it. Lol!) My brother promised he’ll use it when he makes Tinola later this week.. Yey!! One chicken, 2 meals, you can’t ask anything more than that..

I wish I have a better quality picture but here it is..

No comments: