Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Cupcake Shoppe

When you’re hit with a craving, there are only two things you can do. Either ignore it and do something else until that craving pasts and you forget about it. Or you throw caution to the wind and just say yes and allow yourself to enjoy the moment. Hmm but then again it depends on the craving..

I had this ridiculous need for some cupcakes yesterday, and not just any kind of cupcake but it had to be the uber-moist, crumbly, with real butter cream kind of cupcake. And what does any logical, intelligent girl do when hit with an intense food craving but go hunting for the real thing, wherever it may take her.

So I did my research and scoured through countless websites until I found “the one”. The cupcake shoppe at Yonge and Eglinton (www.thecupcakeshoppe.ca) This was no ordinary trek to satisfy a food craving. Yonge and Eglinton is more than an hour’s drive east from where I work in the peak of rush hour traffic and another 20 minutes north of where I live. Driving almost 2 hours to satisfy an urge is admittedly absurd but no one could talk me out of it, I just had to have it..



And boy oh boy I’m soo glad I did.. The Cupcake Shoppe knows their cupcakes and it was one of the most yummilicious cupcakes I’ve ever tasted. It was moist, it was crumbly and it did what it needed to do, satisfy an illogical craving. They had such appetizing flavours like “Yonge and Eligible”, Creamsicle, and “Naughty n’ Spice”. Think chocolate and/or vanilla cake with either vanilla, orange, nutmeg and cinnamon spiced and of course chocolate icing.

And I saved the best for last.. luscious dark chocolate cake topped with frosty peppermint icing, what a way to end a “healthy” lunch.. sigh! I want some more.. maybe on my next cupcake hit.

1 comment:

Angeli said...

do you know that christine m. has a thing for cupcakes, too? she can't stop talking about it. she bakes a different goodie everyday and dreams of setting up her own bakeshop. :)